This seems a fast food version of the oak bay location where the fresh food and careful preparation were evident. Dine-in, Take-Out, Home and Office Delivery and Catering. After we finally placed our order, we went in to pick it up after the 25 minutes he said it would be...only to wait in line for another 20 minutes while the order boy stumbled around not knowing what the heck was going on! The veggies were canned rather than fresh in some dishesHowever the eggplant and tofu saved the meal from being 2 stars. Someone needs to tell the owner that staff is ripping them off if they are paying wages after 9:30 for shut down time and if they are not paying the time then they don't deserve your patronage. This time I decided to not let it go but will return it. Parking is easy. Refusal of orders and redirecting me to another door outside..though it is convenient to take the order inside the restaurant as it was almost closing. But it's the food that is a knockout, here. All round not a good experience. The staff here are extremely unfriendly and seem stuck up. Lovely decor, excellent service make for a lovely meal. Decor is quite nice-modern w/ Asian influences. We arrived 20 mins before 9pm and ordered. Service was very good. That's a tough one when we expect to work  I'm not sure we would venture back. "OMG!! Getting off work and wife was going to pick up our order while I showered. Explained we didn't know the menu and would call back in 3 minutes but he did not care. This might even turn some off to visiting again?Overall, we would give it 4 1/2 stars. Baan Thai Restaurants serving Broadmead and Royal Oak diners fine Thai Cuisine including Gluten-Free and vegetarian dishes in addition to traditional Thai favourites. Food was pretty good. Food again is good. Won't be returning, 10 other reviews that are not currently recommended. We have been going to Baan Thai both downtown and broadmead locations for a number of years. BS. The ginger fish and Chinese style  broccoli were incredible, and we took note to order them again. A perfect summer meal on a warm night. Large portion, nice broth, lots of veg! We had Tom Yum soup with prawns, Gaeng Pak curry, and Phad Med Ma Muang Jae, all large servings, and it all came to $44 plus tax and tip. The food at both locations is always a tasty treat.Downtown - Service is very good. I didn't bother asking for a new scoop because I had more of the soup anyways and I couldn't be bothered (shouldn't be eating too much rice anyway). Have tried this Restaurant a number of times but, now I think I will pass.The flavors are FABULOUS. I’ve never had a bad meal at the Oak Bay Baan Thai. )The combo A (chicken curry) was decent....however the rice was super dry and cold-it definitely did not come from a fresh batch). Take note that they have seperate door for take outs than dine in. Large portion, nice broth, lots of veg! Claim your business to immediately update business information, respond to reviews, and more! "Five minutes away" I said and was told the kitchen staff is leaving AT 9:30. See all photos from Anthony K. for Baan Thai Restaurant, Food is ok the service is terrible we sat and waited for drinks while the blonde waitress was on her computer. We were looking for a place to take out food as everything in Victoria close at 9pm. First impression....the sign on the door, pointing the take out people to a side door!!! Definitely would go back just for this (and it also comes with 2 spring rolls-all of this for $9.75! I don’t think I have ever had better Thai food. Food isn't very good.. Service isn't very good.. … .css-12anxc3{width:24px;height:24px;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;position:relative;overflow:hidden;top:-0.1em;fill:currentColor;}.css-12anxc3::before{position:absolute;display:block;left:0;}.css-12anxc3::after{content:'';display:block;position:absolute;left:0;right:0;top:0;bottom:0;}.css-12anxc3 svg{position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;fill:inherit;display:block;left:0;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;}55, Find more Gluten-Free near Baan Thai Restaurant, Find more Thai Restaurants near Baan Thai Restaurant, Find more Vegetarian Restaurants near Baan Thai Restaurant. Not impressed! The staff isn't always friendly and they can be snotty. I'll be back. Great options for vegetarians! Good food.Just experience rudeness from one of the waitress this evening. I'm not sure exactly what they do to the soup but AVOID it all costs unless you want some seriously explosive gut wrenching diarrhea for the evening! Baan Thai Broadmead seriously needs to get their takeout game in order. We waited 15 minutes just to get through to place the order, then over 6 minutes on hold with the order boy. I’ve never had a bad meal at the Oak Bay Baan Thai. Food came quick and good customer service. They say open until 9:30 but apparently phoning in a pickup order at 9:15 they are closed. Service is king. Not spicy for those who don't like spicy foods. Keep doing what you’re doing. Well here we go again. Keep doing what you’re doing. We dined for dinner a little earlier, at 5:30 pm, and beat the rush that arrived later on as we were finishing our meal. I also typically order shrimp red curry - it is perfectly spicy, creamy and balanced. This was one of the BEST Thai food restaurants I have eaten at hands down! The music can be on the loud side and can be distracting. My only suggestion is to have the combo dishes on larger plates (if you see my photo, there is no room for the spring rolls, sauce for spring rolls, rice and curry to be all on that small plate! Situated in Broadmead shopping center, it was nice to find another version of the downtown Baan Thai in an urban area. Brilliant! Horrible service. The noodles in this dish have such a nice texture to them and the flavor is of course amazing! Portions are big. Situated in Broadmead shopping center, it was nice to find another version of the downtown Baan Thai in an urban area. They could do SO MUCH better! Reminded me of a Vietnamese noodle soup (Pho). Another Thai restaurant with excellent food. Wait staff on the clock for a table not a take-out order. Clean concise easy to read menu!Staff are outgoing and friendly...We are doing good:)Tastey meal, two different Pad Thai's, both delicious.Chicken satay was a great appetizer (both appetizer and dinner arrived at the same time ).Modest bill, makes it a great dinner stop. Definitely would go back just for this (and it also comes with 2 spring rolls-all of this for $9.75!). , Gaeng Pak curry, and Phad Med Ma Muang Jae, all large servings, and it all came to $44 plus tax and tip. You're either open until then or change your posted hours to reflect necessary shutdown time.If I could rate zero stars I would. But it's the food that is a knockout, here. So you will stay open for a table but not take-out? The Tom Yum was tasty but filled will so much tofu it was overkill. We had the special BBQ pork noodle soup was amazing! I had to ask a couple of questions about the menu and the server seemed appalled I wasn't a thai food expert. When I have come at 3 in the afternoon food and service are a 5 :-(. The curry in itself was good, on par with other good thai places (Sabhai thai). Everything was fresh, and tasted delicious. GREAT service and high quality food for very reasonable prices. "Five minutes away" I said and was told the kitchen staff is leaving AT 9:30. Dine-in, Take-Out, Home and Office Delivery and Catering. I also typically order shrimp red curry - it is perfectly spicy, creamy and balanced. We will not even bother trying this place after being told that they still take walkins at 9:20?! Some of the best Thai I've eaten. First impression....the sign on the door, pointing the take out people to a side door!!! Food and service are awesome, when they aren't busy......stay away when they're busy, they do not handle it well, the orders are wrong or forgotten, ingredients like cashews completely left out of cashew chicken?? We arrived 20 mins before 9pm and ordered. Most times is very crowded but the seats turnover quickly. This seems a fast food version of the oak bay location where the fresh food and careful preparation were evidentOur second trip here left my wife and I wondering if it was even the same restaurant. Everything was fresh, and tasted delicious. This is a solid thai place. Red and green peppers, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, green onions, celery and water chestnuts, stir-fried in a brown sauce, topped with almonds. I don't normally like pad thai but their pad thai is SO good! This is when I do not tip. ), We have been going to Baan Thai both downtown and broadmead locations for a number of years. The food at both locations is always a tasty treat. It was plain odd. You're either open until then or change your posted hours to reflect necessary shutdown time. They should visit the Sidney Sabhai thai and see how they present their combo dishes-it should look like this! Of course the food was cold by the time we got it home. Learn more. Fairly inexpensive with a nice patio. Number 1 choice for us for Thai. I think the kitchen should consider using their oval shaped plates (the plate they used to place the large soup with spring rolls). Although not the greatest but tastes relatively similar to the real thing. I am not a big take out person but I find myself choosing take out for this restaurant rather than dining in. Love there Phad Seeuw. I will go back for the soup special at lunch, but will likely pass on the other combo dishes (unless they are on larger plates and the rice is hot and not dry! I don't normally like pad thai but their pad thai is SO good! We were looking for a place to take out food as everything in Victoria close at 9pm. Staff is casual and nice. .css-1o5pw2t{width:24px;height:24px;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;position:relative;overflow:hidden;top:-0.1em;fill:rgba(187,186,192,1);}.css-1o5pw2t::before{position:absolute;display:block;left:0;}.css-1o5pw2t::after{content:'';display:block;position:absolute;left:0;right:0;top:0;bottom:0;}.css-1o5pw2t svg{position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;fill:inherit;display:block;left:0;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;}.css-1o5pw2t:hover,.css-1o5pw2t:focus{fill:rgba(117,114,128,1);}. But still her actions are unacceptable. I would be nice if the music complemented the decor and if the lights were softer. We dined for dinner a little earlier, at 5:30 pm, and beat the rush that arrived later on as we were finishing our meal. The soup tasted delicious but BOTH times I ended up with immediate and extremely explosive diarrhea. Our service was fabulous and friendly, although our server said that she had arrived from the downtown store to help. Reminded me of a Vietnamese noodle soup (Pho). Karen. The servings were large so we had quite a lot left to take home. The only unfortunate aspect of our experience was the music being too loud, and not always to our taste- it seems a shame to spoil the atmosphere of a peaceful place filled with colors of nature and  Buddha images with top hits music. Service was slow and few glitches were handled awkwardly by the staff (debit/ credit terminal not working). Karen. Copyright © 2004–2020 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. I have been going to this place for years and think that the food is great! Our service was fabulous and friendly, although our server said that she had arrived from the downtown store to help.The food we ordered was fast, hot, and amazing. I love authentic pad thai and it is hard to find in BC. We ate outdoors so I can't comment on the decor. Getting off work and wife was going to pick up our order while I showered. Other servers brought out the rest of the food, we didn't get refills on our drinks, even someone else came to bring the credit card machine. It's a 2 for me.Every time I go there they get the order wrong. Dine-in, Take-Out, Home and Office Delivery and Catering.….

Celtic Sword Types, Chimichanga Singapore Review, Baking Sheets Paper, What Is The Word For Winnowing In Telugu, Best Box Grater America's Test Kitchen, Keto Butter Cookies With Stevia, Ephesians 4:12-13 Commentary, Ais 4g Pocket Wifi M028a Manual, Ghoor Meaning In English, Menchi Katsu Tokyo, Arthur Name Personality,