Hmm let me think… ok I’ll make the list. Hi Todd! Unless Sushi only restaurants, Japanese restaurants should have Tonkatsu on the menu along with other basic dishes! Your email address will not be published. MY MOTHER in law is from Japan. Hi June! Fantastic recipe. Although, if you are not worried about keeping this recipe low-carb, panko can be equally substituted for the pork rinds. Are there any other alternatives that would go nicely with this meal? I like your method for gyudon/oyakodon, where each one can control the amount of broth (and onions are tender and sweet!). Thank you! To make special sesame tonkatsu sauce, grind black and white sesame seeds in a mortor and add tonkatsu sauce. Continue with the second serving. Yum! I prepared this tonight and my family loved it. I love deep fry food and they are so good, but this one is pretty close… it’s not as good as deep fried one, but considering just 1-2 Tbsp. Help….. Hi Susan! Japanese Ingredient Substitution: If you want to look for substitutes for Japanese condiments and ingredients, click here. Tender and juicy pork loin wrapped in crispy golden panko crust, serve with tonkatsu sauce and freshly ground sesame seeds. Next, dip the chicken in the eggs. TIP: Make your own pork rind crumbs in advance, and store them in an airtight container in your pantry until you need them. Thanks so much for writing. Salt Maybe your oven temperature was not high enough? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I did the same to bake fish last night and the same problem occurred. Because the chicken is baked, it will have fewer calories that if it is fried. Hi Shauna! Finally, bake the chicken for 15-17 minutes in a 425 degree oven. For Katsudon Sauce (divided for each serving): I'm Nami, a Japanese home cook based in San Francisco. With this recipe, I can eat it without feeling guilty. Even served it up with some of the miso from the homemade miso recipe on here. Hi Crystal! Learn how to make the best crunchy cutlet without deep frying. Hi Peggy! I’m looking forward to replicating the Saboten Combo at home! And we did get some sesame seeds and a mortar and pestle in Japan and now we have it like that at home! ( to taste ), 2 Thick Lean Boneless Pork Loin Chops I’m glad you two enjoyed this dish. Hi Ashley! Based on research, to get the right amount of crispiness, it is important to pre-cook the panko before breading the pork. Thanks so much for this recipe! . I personally don’t mind using a little bit more oil (after all I love deep fried version! What temp do you bake at for 20 minutes? ( to taste ). Sure, leftover works great for this recipe. Aww I’m so happy to hear you two enjoyed the recipe. Hi Tresna! Thanks so much for your feedback! We had made oyakodon and gyudon several times before, but only just got around to making our own tonkatsu in order to try this katsudon. Usually Japanese short grain rice to water ratio is 1 : 1.2. But please give the baked version try. It’s too hot where I live to run the oven now, but I miss having tonkatsu for my bento lunches. 10 - In a large plate or bowl whisk the Egg well. That could be an interesting result… Hope it wasn’t too bad. Thanks for a wonderful recipe, I have made this many times already! This post may contain affiliate links. Hi again, Nami! . Place a wire rack on the baking sheet, and spray the wire rack with cooking spray. Or how should I do it? Can’t wait to make it , Hi Vina! Hi Peggy! It works for chicken too. I’ve heard from some of my readers that they have used air fryer and it worked. Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 400 ºF … The baked katsu came out perfectly. Hi Jessica! Welcome to JOC! I’m glad you enjoyed the baked tonkatsu! Or, it can be quickly made while the chicken is resting. We’re so glad to hear everyone enjoyed the dish! I really love this recipe, but I’m having some problems getting it crispy. The other two are good as well, but this is my favorite of the three. My partner loved it too, we will definitely be making this again! Welcome to my blog and thank you for trying this recipe already! Thank you so much for this! For the cucumber and carrots, I stir-fried them together used cooking oil, chicken stock and salt. I also tried using chicken instead of pork and it was just as good! I have a question though — can you freeze the uncooked tonkatsu cutlets? Thank you so much for these wonderful recipes! Is your toaster oven work like an oven? Hi Sijia! Sure! You’re talking about the Yuzu dressing (http://www.tonkatsu-saboten.com/?pid=41229849). Thanks so much for sharing your recipes! , i learned your recipe easily thank u dear. The Japanese usually bring whatever leftover from the lunch or make a new food just for bento (as entire family needs lunch then it makes sense)…. What can I use instead if I don’t have sake? Hi Michelle! It’s so much healthier, and tastes super delicious. I made it tonight, it was delicious! Japanese food in so expensive outside japan and your recipes are really helping me saving. Yes, the toasted panko is the key! Thank you for trying my recipe! Basically by raising the tonkatsu with wire rack, the air goes through underneath and it will stay crispy. Thank you for your kind feedback. To reheat, bake it at 375 ºF (190 ºC) on a wire rack until the inside is warm. I usually put it in the oven toaster (or oven) at 400F and reheat. I love your recipes and your posts about your daily life! I really enjoy this recipe too. We still need a deep fryer for Karaage and other dishes which can’t be oven baked. It was delicious but I have no idea what that was! Can I pre-toast Pablo ahead of time, says a night before then use the next afternoon? This came out really well. Plus, it can be prepared while the chicken is baking. It was so good! Hi Jessica! That’s the only reasons that I can think of… Hope this helps? Thank you!!! But you can only achieve good Katsudon when the katsu is properly deep-fried (to crispy and juicy inside). This was so good! . Thank you for trying out this recipe and for your kind feedback. 1.05oz Panko I still deep-fry just because of that taste and crunchy texture! When the egg is half cooked, about 30 seconds, turn off the heat. Thanks so much for trying this recipe and sharing your cooking experience with us! To accompany the tonkatsu, I decided to cook julienned cucumber and carrots (as that was left over from a previous dish I made). Just in case you haven’t seen, I have Baked Tonkatsu version too. I made this using your recipe. Hi Monica! I can’t thank you enough for all your feedback! Are all stainless steel wire racks/meshes oven safe? In a blender or food processor, pulse whole pork rinds until finely ground. , Thank you so much for your kind words and support, Renata! Finally, bake the chicken for 15-17 minutes in a 425 degree oven. Remove the extra fat and make a couple of slits on the connective tissue between the meat and fat. Noodles? If it’s not Hon-Mirin, it has some salt and other seasoning in it. It may not be *quite* as tasty/crunchy/greasy as real deep-fried tonkatsu, but it’s still satisfying. I hope you enjoy this recipe! Hi Andre! I’m glad to hear you enjoy my recipes. I enjoyed it a lot but have no idea what sauce that was. Stay safe, Hi Yumi! Every one of your recipes has succeeded with my family and they always want it again. Thank you , Hi Jean! Cut the onions into thin slices and the mitsuba into small pieces. For more mouthwatering Japanese fried foods in baked versions, try out my Baked Croquettes and Baked Chicken Katsu recipes! Thank you for your kind feedback! Thank you! Please read my disclosure policy for details. Love that it is CRISPY!!! That said, that worked out well enough that we decided to buy some more of the steaks in future, and I did want to find something else to do with them so it wasn’t the same thing all the time. Thank you Donna! I like this method much more, compared to deep-drying them in oil. thank you. In that case, you could also add herbs in panko. Case in point: Irresistibly juicy cutlet, creamy eggs, and steamed rice soaked in a savory sauce, Katsuson is nothing but pure comfort. Enjoy your life in Tokyo! I’m really happy to hear you and your family enjoyed this recipe. My mom usually try different rice to try out until she finds the one she likes…and eat that for a while and move on to next. Learn how to make the best crunchy Katsudon without deep-frying! Thank you so much! Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. . Just made this tonight & it was fantastic! Thank you so much for your kind feedback.

Eight O Clock Coffee Hazelnut, British Open 2021 Tickets, Madagascar Hissing Cockroach Facts, Soy Sauce Cured Egg Yolk, Agalima Margarita Mix, Organic Near Me, My Golden Rule Okcupid,