But you can cook with lettuce like you would any other green, and the French and Chinese have been doing it forever. While the pine nuts are tasty and create a luxurious feel, I think one could simplify further and use the more workaday almond in place of the fancier pine nuts, without losing the essence of this dish. Be the first on your block to be in the know. This was so simple and so good. I liked using the butter instead of olive oil and used organic chicken stock. Let us know what you think. Any lettuce can be used but I prefer butter lettuce. Developed by Web Cave. Email the grocery list for this recipe to: Place a large, heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat. Buttercrunch lettuce recipes recipe. And as always, please take a gander at our comment policy before posting. I think a lot of people associate seared lettuce with old wilted lettuce, when searing it just adds a whole new realm of possibilities to this fridge staple. Would you like any meat in the recipe? The lemon juice added a nice, subtle tang to the butter/chicken stock mixture. Add the pine nuts and cook just until everything is warmed through. This recipe took a total of 10 minutes to get on the table, and everyone really enjoyed it. Yes No No Preference. This sauteed romaine recipe with pine nuts recipe comes together quicker than tossing a salad and is much more satisfying. After adding the lemon juice and stock, the liquid took about 45 seconds to reduce by half. I kept mine vegetarian but not vegan. In order to get a good sear, I had my stove on high, and things happen very quickly in this recipe so I found a very hot pan to be necessary in achieving nice char before everything overcooks. Had to add another 1 to 2 tablespoons. A perfect warm-weather dish. I made a half-batch the first time, but we greedily could've eaten a full recipe between two people, and it was trickier to work with the size of the romaine and less butter in the pan. When I added the butter, there was not much stock left, and when I plated the lettuce, there was only a negligible amount of stock to spoon over the top. So I got my mise en place ready first, as usual. Who knew a warm, wilted salad could be so satisfying? The nuts went in, and it was ready to serve. I never thought that lettuce could be cooked, but, boy, was I wrong! Then enter your email address for our weekly newsletter. This is a simple yet unique way to serve romaine. Recent recipes My lettuce weighed 24 ounces and took about 5 minutes to brown. Upload a picture of your dish Add lettuce and sprinkle over the chicken stock. Skip. Bye bye, salads. One was a grill pan and the other cast-iron. Then tell us. Everything is going to happen very quickly, and when you add the stock and lemon juice, it will vaporize if your pan is on the hot side, leaving very little to emulsify with the remaining butter. I served it with kasha and German sausage—the whole meal was very good and the two of us (my husband and I) shared the whole plate of lettuce.

Ave Class 100, Low Sodium Slow Cooker Recipes, Spicy Chicken And Waffles Recipe, Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder, Public Health Careers, Styrene Exposure Symptoms, Nyc Sanitation Salary, Zinger Supreme Calories, Paleo How Many Servings Of Vegetables, Sheet Pan Dinners With Sausage,