In general, you want firm (not mushy) apples for baking. It's more like a coffee cake to me so it's perfect for breakfast. Glaze the cake while it’s still warm. my batter was very thick, more than a pound cake but less than cookie dough. If you use a Bundt pan, how long should it bake? It has nice, crisp edges from the Bundt pan, and absorbs a rich caramel glaze as it cools. 1 tbsp Lemon juice Topping. I love this recipe more than the one I have. There are so many names you could call this cake – doctored up apple cinnamon cake, easy apple cinnamon crumb cake, apple coffee cake. Pour into a greased 9″ x 13″ baking pan and bake for one hour. After many failed Apple Cinnamon Cakes, I instantly knew this one was the winner. It’s one of my favorite easy recipes. The cinnamon topping blends perfectly with the juicy, chunks of apple. Have a question? It's down-home, country-style cooking! Will try with 1/2 cup less sugar next time. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I grated the apples. This is what an apple cake SHOULD taste like! Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I added a teaspoon of vanilla extract. YUMMY!!!!!! Yes! Info. It does freeze pretty well. 3 tbsp Brown sugar. I used four McIntosh apples with a fairly fine chop to obtain the desired four cups. It's a keeper. I did up the nutmeg to 1 tsp equal to the recipie I currently use. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I’m wondering how it would taste with a spice cake mix? © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Will do it again. Drunken Apple Cake Lolibox. Hi Lily! I baked this mesmerizing cake for him and must say he was really surprised seeing it and he loved it. That's so good to hear, Janet! It creates such a dense, moist cake -- love it! I also think it could use another cup of finely chopped apples if you have them on hand. Required fields are marked *. Add all purpose flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda, mix until combined. I think you lose a little bit in freezing it, but it's still tasty! Gala, Fuji, Braeburn and Jonagold apples are other sweet options that hold up well in the baking process. I was wrong! I think that would work well! Coffee and apples are my son’s two favorite things and yesterday was his birthday. You can use any kind of apple you like, I use red Royal Gala apples. Then, to gild the lily, I poured Caramel Frosting VI on top. This easy apple cinnamon cake will become your favorite fall cake and your house will smell like Cinnabon. Use a whisk to stir the mixture until it’s smooth. EACH OF CLOVES NUTMEG AND GINGER IN ADDITION TO THE CINNAMON. 2. Mix in the vanilla extract and you'll have a nice, thick batter. I think they would turn out great as cupcakes! Don’t be afraid to really swirl in the cinnamon sugar mixture. I served it with whipped cream and drizzled salted caramel sauce! The resultant cake was a beautful dark brown with a crackled appearance. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Easy apple coffee cake made with yellow cake mix, fresh apples and lots of cinnamon sugar swirled in. I’ve received so many compliments already and was told it tasted like a bakery made it! Transfer cake to a wire rack to cool completely. Inspired by local traditions and seasonal fare, you'll find plenty of easy, comforting recipes that bring your family together around the table. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Yes, peeling the apples helps them blend into the cake and eliminates a potentially unpleasant chewy, tough texture. Your email address will not be published. The best yummy delicious so good Easy Apple Cake. It was so hot here today that I wanted a reminder of autumn! 1/3 cup Oil. // Awesome! I picked Honey Crisp here because I had a peck from a local farm, but a combination of Honey Crisp and Granny Smith apples is delicious, too. This is the best apple cake I ever made....Received lots of compliments and requests for the recipe! Just a note - this is almost the exact recipe I use for carrot cake from allrecipes.com and that is an amazing cake! Would I still use the cinnamon or another spice seasoning? Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I love using oil in cakes. Wow! I just don’t have the time to bake like I would like. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. A self-taught baker and dessert advocate from Sydney, Australia. Preheat oven to 350°. Excellent cake that everyone loved. Thanks! Wonderfully moist coffee cake with a layer of apples and streusel in the middle and more streusel on top. I had intended to drizzle it with a glaze of powdered sugar and maple syrup but it wasn't even necessary. Easy apple coffee cake made with yellow cake mix, fresh apples and lots of cinnamon sugar swirled in. I LOVE this bread! I did add a few chopped pecans to the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. Hi, Shirley! Thanx. I didn’t have sourcream so substituted 1/2 cup yogurt and 1/2 cup ricotta. Can I just say that I never thought a Cinnamon Apple Cake could taste so good. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Grease and line an 8 or 9 inch round cake tin with baking or parchment paper. Used the caramel glaze from Fresh Apple Cake III. Hi Brooke! The first cake was lovely and soft and the taste was on point. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Follow The Seasoned Mom on Instagram and show us what you're making! Stir in the flour mixture just until combined; fold in apple, walnuts, and raisins. A deliciously easy Cinnamon Apple Cake made from scratch. It's a lot like making a quick bread such as banana bread -- no fancy techniques necessary! Remove the cake from the fridge an hour before serving to let it come back to room temperature. Only change was I omitted the nuts since most of the family prefer cake without nuts. I will make again and would not hesitate to make for friends, neighbors and family! —Sherry Ashenfelter, Waterville, Ohio. Very good cake. 2 apples, diced into small pieces (I recommend granny smith, honey crisp, or gala), 1 box yellow cake mix, 15.25 oz (can use a gluten free mix!). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Used 3 apples instead of 2 (needed to use them up) and also used 1/2 cup whole-fat plain yogurt and half cup sour cream. Perfect! Add in the cake mix, gently mixing with the beater. Use a butter knife or small spatula. It was better, but still nothing rivalled the oil version. I love this cake and so does eveyone that tries it. This easy apple cinnamon cake will become your favorite fall cake and your house will smell like Cinnabon. Set aside. It was still a great recipe Thanks. I recommend an electric hand mixer if possible! The cake is absolutely delicious on its own -- not too sweet, but just sweet enough -- so it works well for breakfast or brunch with a cup of coffee or tea. Congrats! To top it off I brush a little melted margarine to the top of the cake and then sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar. Ingredients. The batter should definitely be thick -- kind of like a pound cake batter -- but the cake should be really moist when it's baked. Keep up your sharing with us. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. This is for sure the easiest way to make apple coffee cake! That confirmation email should be waiting for you in your inbox! 1/2 tsp Nutmeg powder. Your email address will not be published. This quick and easy apple sheet cake recipe is from Germany where these types of … Add the apples and sugar, mix well. I haven’t tried it myself yet. Stir in vanilla, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. This recipe makes 6 mini loaf cakes. I will make it again. Contest-Winning Gingerbread with Lemon Sauce, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. and hashtag it It was not labor intensive at all, quite easy to make. I used granny smith apples which are usually quite tart, but I think next time I'd use about half as much sugar. While the cake is still warm, pour the hot glaze all over the top and sides. I was worried that it would be dry as the batter was very stiff and also using the Smart Balance spread...but it turned out WONDERFUL...moist and flavorful with chuncks of apple. This cake is very moist and over-loaded of apples (that's the way an apple cake should be according to me). Add chopped apple and stir briefly to combine. This Cinnamon Apple Cake is incredibly easy to make. Frost with your choice of frostings. . Learn how your comment data is processed. Home » What We're Eating » Old-Fashioned Apple Cake, Lasted edited October 13, 2020. Drizzle glaze all over the cake. I coffee cake last night with Duncan Hines Butter Cake mix–it’s amazing!! Transfer the batter to a well greased and floured Bundt pan. A tender Cinnamon Apple Cake drizzled with a milk glaze. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix just until combined. Success! I haven’t tried this recipe with a sugar free cake mix myself. If you're lucky to have any left, it's even better the next day. Yes -- the batter is definitely supposed to be very thick. Just wondering if I could refrigerate it until the day of (two days). Preheat oven to 350°. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Erica, it is amazing if you split the cinnamon/brown sugar mixture with half going into the pan first, then 1/2 -3/4 of the cake mix, add the rest of the cinnamon/brown and swirl, then add the rest of the cake mix. So I moved on to see if butter would work better, while also slightly altering the amount of flour and sugar. Thanks. Hi April! Just made this and it smells amazing! I also added a teaspoon of apple pie spice along with the cinnamon. sugar and 1/2C white sugar (as I was going to add a glaze to the finished cake), replacing 1C of the flour with whole wheat flour and adding 1/4 tsp cardamom along with the cinnamon. Yummie! I replaced white for whole wheat flour and used the new Splenda/sugar baking combo. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool while you make the glaze. Beat in eggs, one at a time. I subbed Splenda for baking for the sugar and 1/2 cup of Whey protein powder for a 1/2 cup of the flour. Step 4: Fold in Apples … Topped with cool whip its unbeatable! The cake is moist, very moist. I don’t know if you’ve made it in a Bundt yet or not but I did today! Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-45 minutes.

Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit Camera, State Protection Group, A Dog's Way Home Book Chapter Summary, Southern Enterprises Corner Computer Desk, Grey Desk Chair No Wheels, Doing Business With Korean Companies,