Cook the lentils according to package directions (photo 1). Red Lentil Curry: I was a bit skeptical when I first read the recipe. Thanks so much for sharing, definately going to make this one again, can't wait to have the leftovers-maybe we won't wait for a couple of days, maybe tonight!! 1. On the other hand, eggs are also high in protein with about 6~7 grams in an average sized egg. Heat half the oil in a pan then stir in the cumin, coriander and cardamom. Cook's Hideout is all about delicious vegetarian dishes from India and also from around the world. 2. Check the seasoning of the curry then stir in the spinach leaves and cook until they just begin to wilt. I managed to over cook it a little (completely my fault) and it is still divine. Egg & Lentil Curry is a community recipe submitted by Mandy_C and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. I have been following you for 6 months as I have switched to a predominantly plant based diet. Going to cook some rice and pour it over a half cup or so. I have a habit of cooking food that’s in my comfort zone (I.e Mexican food) but this year I’ve made a goal of challenging myself more in the kitchen. Start by dry-frying the whole spices (cumin, cardamom, coriander seeds, fenugreek & fennel seeds) over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until toasty and golden. If you break it into 4 servings then each serving has about 2 points. I love lentils. What beautiful flavours! Aww, THANK YOU so much for the kind words!! Next, add in lentils, coconut milk, curry paste and all the seasonings. For serving: fresh lime juice, cilantro, cashews, Greek Yogurt, cucumber, naan bread. Learn how your comment data is processed. The rest is just adding things into a pot, stirring and letting simmer until the lentils are cooked through. Add the lime pickle, the lentils, the coconut milk and lime zest. This recipe is super-easy and monstrously delicious. Hi, I'm June and I love food! Add the lentils and chicken stock to the casserole, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the lentils are tender and beginning to break up. Serve the curry warm or at room temperature with either rice or roti. I generally buy large eggs, so that is what I used in the recipe. They also happen to be gluten free and vegetarian with tons of vegan options too! Ingredients ½ cup Brown or Green Lentils 3 cups Vegetable Stock 2 tablespoons Oil 1 Medium Onion, finely chopped 2 Green chilies, finely chopped 1 teaspoon Ginger + Garlic paste 1 cup Tomato puree … Stir again. But if you want to some great sides for this curry, then I would suggest steamed rice or a flavorful and buttery pilau rice. Once the onion is browned add the chopped garlic, chilli and ginger and fry for 30 seconds. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Cover and simmer for 10 more minutes. Delicious with warmed naan and a grated carrot salad. My whole family loves it . Delicious and filling! The flavours are beautiful, I highly recommend it. Your email address will not be published. Will definitely make again! Throw in the spinach and put the lid back on (off the heat). This easy curry recipe is low in calories and gluten free, perfect winter comfort food. One Pot Coconut Curry Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Lentils, Curried Sweet Potato, Carrot and Red Lentil Soup. This is a tasty economical curry, interesting enough to make for guests and easy enough to make for any occasion. I love a good curry, and this one is inexpensive but delicious. Instructions. Reduce the heat slightly, stir in the curry powder and cook for about 1 minute to release the flavour. Learn how your comment data is processed. Yes, this is a simple dish that is both economical and crowd pleasing. Meanwhile, place the rice in a saucepan with 600ml boiling water from the kettle and a pinch of salt. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Cook for 2 minutes then … Thank you Kay. If you want to save on some of the chopping you can whizz the garlic, ginger and chilli in a food processor. Built by Embark. I will be honest: I sometimes just serve it without anything next to it. It is everything I want right now. Then stir in the lentils. Bring the water back to the boil, stir once then pop the lid on the pan, turn the heat right down and cook, undisturbed, for 15 minutes until tender. This egg curry recipe started off as a sweet egg and caramelised onion stew. Be careful not to burn the spices or they can turn bitter. Enjoy for dinner or a meal prep lunch! Copyright © 2020 She Likes FoodWeb Design by Viva la Violet, « Healthy Vegetarian Meal Plan – Week 190, Healthy Vegetarian Meal Plan – Week 191 ». An Eastern flavored vegetarian egg curry recipe with yogurt, fresh tomatoes, lentils and boiled eggs... A great curry from scratch! Then also add the grated ginger, garam masala, ground coriander and a little chili powder and salt. Coach Nicole's Chewy Oat & Nut Granola Bars. The lime pickle adds a lovely hot and sour note, but it is not essential if you don't have any. I added cubed tofu at the end. An Eastern flavored vegetarian egg curry recipe with yogurt, fresh tomatoes, dried lentils and boiled eggs… This one sounds like a great curry from scratch! And a vegetarian one by the way! Easy to make and a total comfort meal for sure. 7 ratings 4.0 out of 5 star rating. Basic ingredients needed to make this dish are Eggs and Lentils. Here are couple of methods I use. Learn how your comment data is processed. Egg & Lentil Curry is a community recipe submitted by Mandy_C and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. Heat the oil in a casserole, add the chicken and fry over a high heat for 5 minutes until browned. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Cover and simmer for 10 more minutes. Boil eggs ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator. Add the boiled eggs, lentils and garam masala. It’s really easy to make! Serve the curry with rice and/or naan bread, with 3 egg halves per serving. Here you will find recipes that are easy AND tasty to make. Cook the lentils: Combine lentils and stock in a large, heavy pan. Add the boiled eggs, lentils and garam masala. Season the chicken. Egg lovers , would definitely be more than pleased . If the sauce gets too thick, then add little water and warm it until simmering. This Easy Red Lentil Curry is so healthy and flavorful! The recipe is adapted from ‘Vegetarian’ cookbook edited by Valerie Ferguson. The only red lentils I could find were split, so I cooked the dish for less time. Add the onions and fry for 3 minutes or so, stirring. By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with She Likes Food. We use a 3rd party, RedEye, to send out our newsletter but rest assured that your data will only be used for this purpose and not passed on to any other 3rd parties. Meanwhile cook eggs in boiling water for 10 minutes. Looks yum. i think you can bring the calorie count down by only using 4 eggs, 1 hard boiled egg per serving. Wow, I really liked this!! ; Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, sugar, turmeric powder, curry … So what can you serve as a side dish this egg curry with then? Meanwhile, place the eggs in a pan of boiling water and boil for 5 minutes (this will give soft but not runny yolks). Drain and set aside. ginger+garlic paste (or use grated ginger and minced garlic), spices – red chili powder, garam masala, ground cumin and ground coriander. Then scoop the egg curry onto plates. Even before the hubs and I started visiting other countries. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, milk and ½ cup (120 ml) of water to the pan. Lentils are a quintessential part of Indian cuisine and are part of everyday meals. Hello, I am Pavani, the cook in this hideout. Do try it for your dad. ; Heat the oil in a skillet (photo 2) and cook the garlic, onion, and ginger with the cayenne flakes over medium-high heat until golden brown (photo 3), stirring occasionally. Then stir in the yogurt and half of the chopped mint or cilantro. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Your email address will not be published. I used brown lentils (whole red lentils/ whole masoor dal). If you don’t have any chicken to make a curry, boiled eggs are always a great idea. Enjoy. Add the tomatoes, turmeric, sugar, red chili powder, ground cumin, coriander and water. I will earn a commission from qualifying purchases through those links. I’ve always been intimidated about cooking Indian food but you really just need to make sure you have the correct ingredients. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes or until the onions turn translucent and lightly browned around the edges. This comforting egg and lentil curry dish calls my name. Thanks for sharing . It's from 1000 Vegetarian Recipes From Around The World . Place it over medium heat until hot and fry the spices for 3 minutes. Scatter with cilantro just before servin. Either green or brown lentils can be used. I made this recipe with meal prep in mind. Effortless to prepare using a great store-cupboard standby – ready-cooked Puy lentils – this hearty medium-hot curry is a speedy way to feed a hungry family. The Recipe 4 hard-boiled eggs peeled 2 medium fresh tomatoes 3 oz dry lentils (85 g) 1 small onion chopped 1 tsp cumin seeds 2 medium garlic cloves chopped 1 tsp mustard seeds 1 inch fresh ginger (2,5 cm), grated ½ cup whole milk (120 ml) 1 tsp tomato paste 2 … will be making this again. 1. This Lentil curry looks fantastic, this would go down a treat with my dad, he loves a good curry, I will try this out soon using the pressure cooker method. Add the eggs and cook for 7 mins for semi-soft yolks or until … Sign up to our newsletter to enter competitions and receive tasty recipe inspiration every week. 1. Skinned, split variety will become too soft and mushy in this dish. Thank you Veena. Heat the oil in a casserole, add the chicken and fry over a high heat for 5 minutes until browned. I love a hearty and warming curry, and this is so incredibly delicious.

Cyclopentanone Molecular Weight, Egyptian Mujadara Recipe, Sunset October 22 2020, Remote Network Problem - Sky Q, Eurovision 2011 Results, Colchester United Goalkeeper, Downtown Raleigh Nc Hotels, Scotch Whisky Auction,