Tequila the fermented and distilled product of the blue agave plant, specifically. Created by Don Franco, known for his spread of tequila around the world, Hornitos offers several options from Silver to its well awarded Black label. As we have learned, tequila is a very unique product that has good reasoning driving often higher price points. I can NOT thank you enough, plus just a few shots and I fell good! Cocktails: There are many other cocktails that include tequila as the main spirit. Copyright © 2020 BottledPrices.com. Rest assured, anything called tequila has at least 51% blue agave and is distilled in Mexico. As we have learned, tequila is a very unique product that has good reasoning driving often higher price points. No lime or salt required. The exacting standards set forth by Don Julio himself likely have something to do with the quality and subsequent cost of the tequila. It is a mezcal but must be made from a specific, rare plant and in a small region. Sadly, many people never realize that Tequila has so much more to offer, and even Jose Cuervo has some surprises up its sleeves. Nick Lappan has worked in the restaurant industry since age 13 and most recently has worked as a cocktail bartender and bar consultant in the United States and China. A bottle should be comparable in price to Jose Cuervo Especial, and unlike Jose Cuervo Especial, Olmeca Altos isn’t a mixto tequila. It’s a fantastic tequila for mixing and the reposado and anejo are nice enough to sip neat if that’s your thing too. Tequila taste can be impacted depending on which region the blue agave come from - some sweeter than others. Being made from an increasingly rare product like blue agave and a delicate, complicated harvesting process make tequila a hidden gem of sorts. Usually, a high-quality tequila is consumed this way, being enjoyed slowly. Add to Compare. The “worm” in the bottle trick is often used by mezcal producers as a gimmick of sorts to draw attention to their product. You may notice that there are a couple of tequila products on our list from outside of Mexico. Great I should say because I don’t feel like I have to throw up. All Rights Reserved. This ensures that only the “perfect” blue agave make it into their tequila. Speaking of Jose Cuervo, 1800 tequila is owned by the same family that owns the Jose Cuervo brand. I prefer the Kirkland Tequila Anejo ($20 for 1.0 L) – they were out of stock at IL store, but I’m pretty sure they still make it. The most famous and widely available bottle of Jose Cuervo is either the Jose Cuervo Especial Silver or Gold. Hi there, I am James Hart, an ex food and liquor photographer, who has a keen passion for different kinds of wines and liquors. According to Hornitos, this creates a mature character while not impacting the overall agave flavor. Platino is a 100% Blue Weber Agave Tequila made using a process created by Jose Cuervo which recaptures the steam created during distillation and focuses the flavors back into the tequila. Tequila is a member of the larger family of spirits - mezcal. Olmeca Altos is a great budget tequila. Cuervo offers a variety of options, from plain old Silver to a well aged Reserva de la Familia and even pre-mixed margarita options. While most of their products are mixto tequilas, they also produce a few bottlings of 100% Agave tequila. This is highly frowned upon in Mexico, as it is considered not appreciating the taste of the blue agave based spirit. You have control over the decision on whether to drink alcohol or not. Margarita: Of course, the “official” cocktail of tequila is the margarita. Examining the Risks and Benefits of Alcohol, Five Tips to Improve Your Alcohol Tolerance, Jose Cuervo Reserva De La Familia Extra Anejo, 2 oz Jose Cuervo Tradicional Reposado or Reserve De Familia, 3-4 oz grapefruit soda ( Ting, Jarritos, etc). Keep on posting! This wort is then distilled once and then twice, as required by Mexican law. Order online, pick up in store, enjoy local delivery or ship items directly to you. How Well Do You Know Your Favorite Alcoholic Drinks? These colors hint at how the tequila was aged and for how long. The worm is actually the larva of a moth that infests agave plants. Stir, strain over rocks, garnish with a grapefruit or lemon twist. I like to travel around the world to discover local brands of liquor, that’s the reason why he can recommend all these authentic yet not well-known brands. Copyright 2020 Crown Wine & Spirits. Rather than simply using agave grown on their property, Patron selects from an array of blue agave producers around the region. Jose Cuervo Especial Silver, Especial Gold, Black Medallion, and Cinge, and many other Jose Cuervo products are mixto tequilas, meaning they are 51% agave tequila and 49% other spirits such as grain spirit or sugar cane spirit. Depending on the bottle, Jose Cuervo’s production process can be quite different. Jose Cuervo does, however, make a number of products which are 100% Blue Weber Agave Tequila and while not necessarily the best on the market, there are worse bottles out there. There are many tequilas out there beyond what you know from drinking margaritas on a sunny beach somewhere. The jimadores are experts, with vast experience, in knowing when the agave plant has just enough carbohydrates and just enough sugar to ferment properly. They compost all the agave hearts after use and utilize natural gas to reduce carbon emissions. Add to Compare. This light. One major reason Patron is seen as a premium brand, and is more expensive, is because of their unique agave handling process. Many brands, like Patron, have focused their marketing on raising the level of perceived quality of tequila. Add to Wishlist. Tequila has become on of the more popular spirits, being seen in shot glasses and margarita machines across the globe. Obviously, this limits the availability of ingredients, which in turn drives the cost. Bottled at 40% ABV. As it turns out, worms have nothing to do with tequila. Don Julio joins Patron as a Premium tequila on our list. fresh tequila is a favorite of tequila connoisseurs worldwide. Harvesting agave is not as simple as observing that a plant “looks mature” and ready to be turned into a fermented product called wort. Let’s compare some of the brands on our list and look at what might make one more expensive than another. Jose Cuervo Golden Margarita Ready To Drink 1.75L $20.99. The Anejo is finished in Irish whiskey casks for a fruitier note of flavor, while the Plata is recommended to be consumed as cold as possible, which is never a good sign regarding tequila. Mexican law indicates that tequila is only made from blue agave grown in the state of Jalisco, Mexico and certain other locales in various states throughout Mexico. Build in glass over ice, gently agitate, garnish with a slice of grapefruit. It’s one of the best Tequilas on the market today. Jose Cuervo Tradicional is the Cuervo line of tequila which is actually tequila, as opposed to mixto. Number Juan is a tequila distilled in Mexico that undergoes some parts of the aging process in the US. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Not really an alternative to the Jose Cuervo Especial, but if you were considering footing the money for a bottle of Jose Cuervo Tradicional or Reserva de Familia, look at El Tesoro as a possible alternative. As you can see, even though each brand has a reasoning behind their price point, there are drinkable options available from budget to premium.

Disadvantages Of Transformational Leadership, Weird Facts About Ghana, Ibuprofen Ir Spectrum Functional Groups, Pre Drawn Canvas Kits, Lumbar Support Chairs For Home,