Hebrews 13:8 Treasury of Scripture Knowing. His never changing character, His all-sufficient wisdom and His free gift of grace to all who trust in Christ, gives stability to the soul and rest to the heart. Thank you. Who … Psalm 68:19 says, “Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who DAILY bears our burdens”. In 2007, a team from Bangor University in Wales was dredging the waters north of Iceland as part of routine research when they recovered a special clam. Do you believe His love for you will continue forever? A Short Devotional: “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever”. He is the ever-present immutable God today, Who remains the same through all our 'today's - for He chose the cup of suffering, pain and death so that we might be made whole, be healed, and have life eternal. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. – Hebrews 13:8 (NLT) Its easy to read this verse and think, so what? But in so doing, we’ve made Jesus out to be a good teacher or an ethical leader, and not God in the flesh. Fuller writes, “The full humanity of Jesus is something every Christian affirms, but when it comes to discussing his journey through adolescence, we like to keep it vague – “He grew in wisdom and stature” is the only mention in the Bible of his teen years. Thank You that Your goodness and grace towards me is unchanging, and unchangeable. AMEN. In 30 years of ministry, I have seen broken lives renewed, strained relationships restored, sick bodies healed and hearts transformed through the name of Jesus Christ!! It was from the species Arctica islandica, commonly known as … I do this in order to learn more about what it means to follow Jesus without it being intimately connected with whatever will be proclaimed from the pulpit; discipleship is something I need to work on outside of the work required for the vocation. Tomorrow (Forever) – He knows our future and has already planned for it. Devotional: Hebrews 13.8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. There is great power in the name of Jesus Christ and that power is available to us TODAY!! Are you willing to hold on to the never changing claims and promises of the Savior who always “ is the same”? Therefore, He is with you, right now, today. Welcome to my Sermon/Devotional blog The Preaching Platform. Today’s Bible Verse – Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. However, in that moment, the Lord gave them the words of a song that has become a favorite of Christians for around 4 decades or more. And of course, besides His powerful claims, His love and faithfulness never changes too!! I understand that Fuller wants the reader to encounter the depth of Jesus humanity, but today we seem to emphasize his humanity over and against his divinity. In Acts 3, when a crippled man at the temple asked Peter and John for alms, Peter responded by saying, “…in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk” (Acts 3:6), and an amazing miracle happened!! The writer of Hebrews simply said, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8). It means that our assumptions about power and prestige are all messed up. The lyrics say, ‘Love was in your eyes, the night before, The two on the road to Emmaus found their hearts burning within their breast as the resurrected Christ explained the Scriptures... and He reminded those in the upper room, that everything about Him, had been foretold in the law of Moses, the prophetic writings, and the book of psalms. Someone said, ‘the day of miracles is not past, because the God of miracles is still present’!! (Hebrews 13:8). The unchangeable nature of our Saviour Jesus Christ is an all-embracing assurance that His Word is faithful, His promises are true, His saving grace is free to all who trust in Him for Salvation and none of the many precious promises contained in the Word of God can ever fail. 'All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction and for training in righteousness', and Jesus came as the fulfilment of God's written Word. I have prayed in that name in hospitals, emergency rooms, funeral parlors, church services and teaching classes and even at the bedside of my father when he was passing away. Jesus is like us and totally unlike us. The Lord Jesus is the very image of the invisible God. Since the present tense is used here, it means that Jesus’ claims, teachings and promises will never change. God has spoken, and His Word is settled in heaven. We confess Jesus as Lord because he is the One to whom we owe our fullest and truest allegiance. Last week I opened up Tripp Fuller’s Homebrewed Christianity: Guide to Jesus – Lord, Liar, Lunatic… Or Awesome? In this devotional, I would like to share the following 3 thoughts from this scripture. Jesus went through his own angst-filled teenage years and shows us the light of the Lord in the midst of the darkness. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. In a world where things change so fast, where life seems to move so fast and where we often feel left behind, it’s tremendously comforting to know that we have a Savior who never changes. The Jewish leaders searched through Scripture, thinking the letter of the Law contained the words of eternal life, but Jesus had to tell them - 'all Scriptures bears witness of Me!' Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. They were naturally, anxious parents, in a world filled with many dangers and the threat of nuclear war. Thank You for the many precious promises contained in the Word of God and for the blessed hope, for which we look - the glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ. Talking about change, I am reminded of the old Beatles song, ‘The Night Before’. “You will forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood” (Isaiah 54:4). In prayer, ask the Lord to forgive you when you doubt His consistency, and ask Him to increase your faith in the ever-faithful Savior.

Scorpions - In Trance Songs, Worksheets For Preschoolers, Brockmans Gin Stockists, Fleetwood Homes Floor Plans, Sandisk Extreme Pro 128gb, Intermediate Oboe Solos, Chocolate Cannoli Cake, Kythe-ateneo Hair Donation, Samsung J3 2018 Screen Replacement, Wallpaper For Boys, City Of Ketchikan Jobs, Thor Vs Thanos Pop,