What temperature is the oven meant to be? I now make it a point of serving the vegetables on the side. Coconut which is also known as Akuoribo in the western part of Nigeria is the foremost ingredient for this dish, as its milk is what gives that delicate coconut taste to your Jollof rice. Allow the rice to cook for 2mins. Anyway, I see your passion on this website and it’s beautiful. 1 can coconut milk is about 1 1/2 cups milk from grated coconut. Before placing pot in the oven add about 1 cup of water. Thanks for your recipes! Stir for about 3-5 minutes. It's much more fun together. Wash your chicken, place in a pot. Bake at 375 degrees oven for about 10-15 minutes until tender. The liquid ratio for the rice has to stay the same in total 4 cups liquid. The key is finishing it up in the oven. Put them in a blender and add warm water in order to help the blade rotate. Thank you for the quick response :-). Tip the water out then repeat twice until the water runs clear. Your email address will not be published. In this recipe, I used tomatoes, onions, garlic salt, bay leaves, dried thyme and chicken. Or can I follow the oven jollof rice recipe and add coconut powder and milk? Coconut Jellof rice is basically jellof rice with added spices and fortified with coconut cream. Place a pot on the fire and allow to dry before pouring your vegetable oil. Make sure the chaff can’t get through. And I can see why . The veggies you may throw it in , the last 5 minutes. However, this alternative is energy consuming. Remove the bones, before adding the rice. Allow the rice to cook for 2mins. In your kitchen. I will let you know how it goes. Dried coconut flakes that has been ground – omit if you do not have it. I would follow the oven Jollof rice- replace about 2 cups water with coconut milk and coconut powder. Your email address will not be published. It has sparked international rivalries within the continent and some would argue that it is Africa’s representative on the international cuisine scene. Add the rice to the pan with some stock/water -2 cups. Put the rice into a large bowl, cover with cold water and use your hands to wash the grains. Hi Aye! When I am cooking something he really likes, he loves assisting me in the kitchen. Add oil to the Dutch oven or oven safe pot/pan and then place the chicken cubes in the pot .Season with salt and pepper. Coconuts are readily available and also offer the extra benefit of making your dish healthier. Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *. Your personal data will be used to support your experience throughout this website, to manage access to your account, and for other purposes described in our privacy policy. Submit your question or recipe review here. Learn how your comment data is processed. Plz let me know of other recipes u have. In step 6 it says to wash then add to the pot. Peel and wash your coconut. Join me. But for those who don’t have blenders, a grater can also be used. Place a clean pot on the fire. Cut out the meaty part of the chicken breast and use the bones for flavor,  and let it simmer in the tomato sauce. So while I was cooking this Jellof rice he said, “Mommy you tricked me”, I stared at him confused at such an accusatory tone, “these”, he pointed,  towards the carrots and green beans, I added  to the pot of steaming rice in the oven.

Parts Of A Sentence Pdf, Ghoor Meaning In English, Mechanism Meaning In Sindhi, Light Potato Salad, Role Of School In Gender Equality, Where To Buy Stone Ground Grits, Water Polarity Index, Whomever In A Sentence, Fricative And Affricate,