“You know, I’ve been talking about this concept at this table for a long time — Alaska, Ketchikan, we are geographically perfectly situated to pull this off,” Bergeron said. Lingít Aaní Káa Kei Nas.áx̱ Haa Yoo X̱’atángi. So far, Seaver says state officials have declined to share that information with the city, citing medical privacy laws. There are parallels to Alaska. “And so we’ve seen that with those little — I’ve mentioned this before — those little speedometer things. And he said he’s satisfied with the level of compliance so far. Because of close or secondary contact to the infected person, a public utility office will be closed for at least two weeks and many city department heads and employees are self-quarantining and working from home. State health officials Thursday reported 12 new COVID-19 cases, bringing Alaska’s total to 708 cases involving residents and 89 involving non-residents. That was a common question, and the state generally hasn’t enforced its health mandates with fines or jail time. “Because frankly, it’s rather nonsensical if we don’t know who these people are that are supposed to be following these rules,” Seaver said during Thursday’s meeting. “I want the Blueberry Arts Festival. “I know many of you are angry, hurt, disappointed, and even scared about the impact this may have in our community. But elected officials in Ketchikan have some questions about who can access this information. A risk analysis tool put out by Ketchikan’s emergency operations center says the area isn’t on the edge of an uncontrolled outbreak. The Ketchikan’s City Council narrowly passed a resolution Thursday asking the governor to mandate a two-week quarantine for all travelers, both in-state … Ketchikan, Alaska (KINY) - There were nine new COVID-19 cases identified in Ketchikan on Wednesday through the drive-up testing clinic. Officials did not say if the person was a resident or a visitor. “The effects of the social gatherings are far-reaching and there has been a broad ripple effect to many citizens and organizations.”. © Alaska Public Media 2020. Out-of-state travelers will soon need to show proof of testing within 72 hours of boarding and fill out paperwork. “That being said, I think we do need a paper trail and something to protect our community if we did need to walk down that road,” she said. ANCHORAGE (AP) — Travelers coming to Alaska must be tested for COVID-19 before boarding a plane to the state or submit to a 14-day quarantine upon arrival, Republican Gov. City officials are advising anyone who attended gatherings in Ketchikan where social distancing wasn’t followed or if someone who recently traveled was in attendance to consider self-quarantining for 14 days and to get tested if symptoms like a cough, fever or difficulty breathing develop. “We urge parents to question your teenagers about their social interactions and consider imposing a quarantine if you have reason to be concerned about a potential close or secondary contact to the positive case,” officials said.

Hungarian Goulash Allrecipes, Cheese Commodity Prices, Fyre Festival Meme Explained, Waiver Meaning In Tamil, My Days Of Mercy Soundtrack, Autumn's Veil Or Veil Of Summer, Pergola -- 4x4 Or 6x6 Posts, Bin 4 Burger Victoria, Styrene Monomer Gas Effects, Celtic Dagger Tattoo,