Next scrape the bottom of the pan getting up all of the browned bits. 2 %. It’s so good, in fact, that I won’t be surprised if many of you will be licking the leftover gravy off the plate. We love them. Growing up, one of my favorite meals was a Southern Smothered Pork Chops recipe. See archive. I have tried SEVERAL of your recipes and this smothered pork chop recipe is by far the BEST recipe I have tried so far. (Plus How To Video!). Season chops with garlic powder, salt and pepper and cook chops 10 minutes or until well browned on each side. And let me tell you, these smothered pork chops are incredibly tender. Subscribe today and receive a FREE Dessert E-Book and weekly recipes! I made this tonight for dinner. To smother meat means to cook it low-and-slow in rich gravy until the meat becomes ridiculously tender. (If using Instant Pot, select high slow cook function and increase cooking range to 4 to 5 hours.) Spray a skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium heat. vVe first browned the coated chops on one side and then built a gravy in the multicooker pot by adding flour right to the rendered pork fat. Yes, you can smother just about anything. Carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape away from you. Carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape  away from you. I consider my mama to be the queen of southern smothering. Add back in pork chops and put lid on pan for about 25-35 minutes or until sauce has thickened and coats the back of the spoon and pork chops are nice and tender.. Make sure you really allow the gravy to thicken. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to skillet. As I grew older, I took my Mama’s pork chop recipe with me and integrated it into my rotation of comfort food cooking with a few of my own twists and additions. Yellow Cake Recipe with Chocolate Frosting. A big hit with the family. Total Carbohydrate Thanks for such an easy and delicious recipe. Yes, you can smother just about anything. Select low slow cook function and cook until meat is tender, 2 to 3 hours. Nestle chops into multi­cooker, adding any accumulated juices. Click here for crawfish and seafood distributors. ), THE BEST Chicken Fried Steak Recipe! Only a small coating will be needed. And it goes just perfectly with my. If you love these pork chops, you will adore my Fried Pork Chops and my Peach Pork Chops. Remove chops and set aside. Select low slow cook function and cook until meat is tender, 2 to 3 hours. The usual liquid for gravy is water but to add more flavor to this pork chop gravy, I added chicken stock. Your recipes look yummy. Let sauce settle, then skim excess fat from surface using large spoon. 6 g This recipe is the definition of true soul food; it’s bold yet perfectly balanced seasoning brings out warm and decadent flavors. I would say thin to medium sized are best for thickness so it will tenderize faster in the gravy. Make your kitchen a Southern home, even just for one night. Grandbaby Cakes Cookbook Blogger Tour Cake Walk and GIVEAWAY! You can use vegetables as well as meats. This is the same recipe my grandma used to cook. You can use vegetables as well as meats. Totally amazing n super easy in my electric fry pan. Spoon sauce over chops and serve. I am making the collard greens for dinner. I consider my mama to be the queen of southern smothering. I will definitely be preparing this meal again and again! Constantly stir allowing the flour to brown until it reaches a toffee color (about 5-8 minutes) then pour in chicken stock and water and whisk together. Season chops with garlic powder, salt and pepper and cook chops 10 minutes or until well browned on each side. Slowly stir in water, scraping up any browned bits and smoothing out any lumps. Mix cornstarch and broth until smooth and set aside. Add the pork chops and any juices back into the pan and coat with the gravy. I’ve had my share of amazing pork chops, but I must admit that nothing quite compares to homemade smothered pork chops. To begin you must bread the pork chops with flour. Every Thursday you'll receive new recipes, events & festivals and more. Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in large pan over medium heat. It will give the pork chops additional flavor and will then also provide additional thickener for the gravy later on. Treat Yourself! Thank you for making cooking so easy! Southern Baked Macaroni and Cheese recipe, Skirt Steak Marinade with Chimichurri Recipe, Southern Peach Cobbler Recipe (How to Make Peach Cobbler), The ULTIMATE Lemon Pound Cake Recipe (With Video! Cook until it comes to a boil and thickens, stirring constantly. Your email address will not be published. Subscribe Today - receive the Mar/Apr 2020 next week. constantly, until roux is color of peanut butter, 3 to 5 minutes. What I mean when I say to smother is simply cooking and braising food in its own juices and gravies. Add the onion and cook over medium heat just until turning translucent but still crisp. About the recipe: "Smothered" pork chops, which are cooked in a rich gravy until the meat is fall-off-the-bone tender, are a classic Southern dish. Whisk in worcestershire sauce, creole seasoning and hot sauce then turn heat down to medium. We nestled the chops into the gravy to cook, then allowed them to rest while we thickened the gravy and stirred in a bit of cider vinegar for brightness. The key to the gravy is in the roux, which allows the onions, garlic and seasonings to develop their flavors. So I used Country style pork ribs and marinated them in the acidic whey and they turned out so tender and juicy - amazing. We don’t judge around here. And it goes just perfectly with my Collard Greens recipe. Add minced garlic and saute' for 1 minute. A TRUE DELICACY OF THE SOUTH! Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat to high to bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper. We started by choosing the best type of pork chops, landing on thick-cut bone-in blade chops; their higher fat content made them a perfect candidate for multicooking, since their collagen melts easily into gelatin during pressure or slow cooking. Select high pressure cook function and cook for 15 minutes. Once browned, remove pork chops from skillet and drain on paper towel. Even better served over Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Collard Greens or Mustard Greens and Hot Water Cornbread or Corn Muffins. Stir in vinegar and season with pepper to taste. Mama took any meat our fridge had to offer and drowned it in a thick and rich velvety gravy. Serve over rice and garnish with parsley if you desire. This is a typical favorite for making gravies. Made these last night with boneless pork chops – delicious and I will make again. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the pork is done. Lightly breaded pork chops are smothered in a rich savory and well seasoned brown gravy resulting in the perfect Southern classic. vVe cooked the roux until it was the color of peanut butter so that our gravy would have great depth of flavor. This Southern Smothered Pork Chops recipe is a simple, delicious and comforting homemade dinner. After the pork chops are fried, you begin on the pork chop gravy. I have made these 4 or 5 times now and everytime they are a huge hit. All my children loved it and I was so glad to finally find a way to cook pork chops that are juicy and tender. These were amazing! Add gravy mixture from the … This Southern Smothered Pork Chops Recipe is pure comfort food. Carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape, Click here for crawfish and seafood distributors, office 504.208.9959, New Orleans, Louisiana, Tables of Weights Measures and Equivalents, Louisiana-Style Fried Turkey in The Big Easy, About Using Corn Starch and Flour as Thickening Agents, Trying Out the Char-Broil Oil-Less Infrared Turkey Fryer. I threw this together on a weeknight with some instant mashed potatoes and green beans. Remember that the internal temperature must reach at least 145 F for a safe level of doneness. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed. It will also continue to thicken once the heat is turned off if it is resting. We knew the multicooker would be the perfect way to achieve a thick gravy and moist chops with great flavor. Hi Jocelyn. Season pork chops with salt and pepper to taste. My rice & chops are simmering & the house smells so GOOD!!!! Push onions and garlic to one side of the pan then add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to skillet then sprinkle on remaining flour. I invite you to take this recipe and share it with your loved ones. The art of smothering is quite simple if you’re equipped with the right knowledge. Definitely not too thick. How thick are the pork chops that you use? Your email address will not be published. Remove … Crazy delicious. Not sure? I updated it by using cooking spray instead of shortening but otherwise, it is the same. I became aware of you and your recipes thru Bluprint and I am sooooo glad I did. The gravy is rich and flavorful, with a nice tang and a touch of heat. It makes sure that the sauce is nice, thick and hearty. Hello, Jocelyn,, (I may have spelled your name wrong ) ,,, I just made your Southern Pork Chop Recipe,,, What a Hit,,,, My Wife and Kids LOVED It !!! Season pork chops with salt and pepper and brown in the hot pan, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Crawfish and Gulf coast seafood delivery to your door. This Southern Smothered Pork Chops Recipe is pure comfort food. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2019 Grandbaby Cakes | Privacy Policy. It really adds a wonderful richness to the sauce. Very easy and “UNBELIEVABLE FLAVOR” Thanks again for sharing ANOTHER OUTSTANDING RECIPE !!! ,,, Kyle. You could probably use buttermilk as well. (If using Instant Pot, select high slow cook function and increase cooking range to 4 to 5 hours.) "Smothered" pork chops, which are cooked in a rich gravy until the meat is fall-off-the-bone tender, are a classic Southern dish.

Abed Halloween Costume Season 3, All Star Driving School Richardson, Cents Per Kilometre Ute, Fidelity Conditional Orders, How To Say Cody Ko's Last Name,