… I hope you are as excited as I am. Click here to JUMP TO RECIPE! These simple and spectacular Southern cakes deserve a comeback, These sides will be the real stars of Thanksgiving dinner. COMMUNITY If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Here are the basic steps to make this watermelon soda from scratch: If you don’t like sweet and spicy sodas, you’re probably fine to omit the jalapeño. Add in jalapeño and let steep for at least 1 hour. Who should we send this to? Add in 1/4 cup jalapeño simple syrup and taste. How interesting! Dip each rim into the cayenne salt. Not liters — gallon!) This… This is the most intriguing entry in the spicy contest by far! Top with soda water and ice. Stir in tequila reposado, watermelon-flavored or plain seltzer water, and cooled syrup. Salt the rims of 8 Collins glasses, and fill with ice. Pour watermelon juice into a 2- to 3-qt. Happy gloomy, gloomy Tuesday. Pour cocktail evenly into glasses; garnish with chile slices and watermelon wedges. And, yes, the photos are amazing. Salt the rims of 8 Collins glasses, and fill with ice. In a blender, squeeze the lime wedge, then add the mint, watermelon and agave. Feel free to start with that amount and add more to taste. Puree the watermelon in a blender, then strain. Place watermelon into serving bowls; sprinkle with spice mixture. These pictures are gorgeous! Simply combine about 4 oz of the lemonade with a shot of tequila in a glass. My two older cousins lived with us on and off when I was growing up and there were a few times where I’d convince my cousin, LM (her real name is Linda-Marie but we call her LM for short), to call into my high school pretending to be my mom and say I was sick. Sit back, relax, and get your spicy watermelon spritzer on. Serrano peppers pack a serious punch, so we call for only half a pepper to get your glass going. Tip: If you just want to make a single cocktail, save the bottle of bubbly for later and substitute seltzer as the fizzy topper. Squeeze lime juice over spiced … This page is now en route to its destination. Puree the watermelon in a blender, then strain. Prepare watermelon juice by placing 4 cups fresh water melon chunks into a food processor or blender. To-Dos allows Tasting Table members to store and remember all of the food and Sign up to stay up to date on our latest posts and recipes! Far and wide, Southerners make that recipe to hang out together and enjoy the close of another lovely day. This spicy soda is subtly sweet with a punch of spice for an insanely delicious and thirst-quenching refreshment. , diced (seeds removed if you don't like things super spicy), Pink Grapefruit, Cucumber, & Rose Quencher, Creamy Strawberry Cashew Shake + Weekend Links - The Green Life, Shake Crémeux aux Fraises et Cajou + Lectures du Weekend - The Green Life, Spicy Watermelon Soda [Vegan] – Gym Breathe, Fall Cheese Platter With Mini Cheese Ball Bites, Vegetarian Thanksgiving Side Dish: Rainbow Carrots and Chard. Back then, I was dating this really fun troublemaker of a boyfriend who ditched often (without even bothering to have someone call him in) so he was totally down to hang out with us on those day hangs. If you read about a product or service on our site and make a purchase through the links we provide, we may receive a small commission or "affiliate fee" that we use to offset our editorial costs. https://www.thekitchykitchen.com/?recipes=/spicy-watermelon-mint-agua-fresca 416-636-1111 pitcher. Get it today with Same Day Delivery, Order Pickup or … Totally! I would have never thought to pair jalepeno with watermelon. © 2020 Claire Thomas. Stick in fridge until ready to use. The same could be said for a juicy wedge of sweet, crisp watermelon. During the summertime, nothing beats the heat like a nice, cold glass of lemonade. However, seedless watermelon will be easier to work with. For a spicier watermelon soda, leave the seeds in the jalapeño when making the simple syrup. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. We’re no strangers to the world of Southern porch cocktails—just ask the crowd-favorite sip of heaven that is our watermelon margaritas. This homemade sweet and spicy watermelon soda is the perfect fizzy drink to quench your thirst on a hot day. Watermelon screams summer and sunlight and lazy days by the pool, but watermelon actually has its place any time of year, even at a Los Angeles Christmas cocktail party. Click here for our editorial policy. All Rights Reserved. Strain out jalapeño and transfer syrup to a sealable jar. Stir the lime juice into the strained watermelon puree. Add both to the blender. LIZZIE SCHWARTZ Please verify to begin receiving our newsletter Here in Southern California, and I’m sure in many other places (like, say, Mexico), we have a tradition of eating tamales on Christmas. However, it’ll probably last up to 2 days in the fridge (it’ll just become less bubbly over time). I love this flavor . © 2008–2020 TDT Media Inc. doing business as Tasting Table. Despite the New York Times putting out an article this week about the negative effects of sugar (and soda in particular), my body still craves it. Prepare ¼ batch of Simple Syrup; remove from heat. I don’t like my drinks very sweet and I’m a total wuss when it comes to spice (lame, I know), so I kept the simple syrup level rather low. Welcome to Vegetarian 'Ventures! and using your account. Suzanne Allan Last…. We sent you a verification email. Wow this looks soooo good! Stir in tequila reposado, watermelon-flavored or plain seltzer water, and cooled syrup. From there, fresh watermelon you can find at your local farmers’ market is going to mellow out the heat and add classic summer flavor. DENISE HERNANDEZ Me too – it’s a new obsession for me and I’m loving it! Bring it, July. Designed & Developed by Pix & Hue. Combine all of the ingredients and puree until smooth. There is no pay for play: We only recommend products and services we love. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. We’d go to the town over and to the beach to avoid bumping into anyone we knew. 2. In a hurry? Add to blender. suzanne.allan@sequoiacontent.com. © 2020 All Rights Reserved. And the ingredients are minimal, to boot! Pour the cayenne and salt mixture onto a plate. I remember demanding that we had to go to the root beer stand for a root beer float after hanging out at the beach and them teasing me for being so obsessed with the novelty of it. 4. ‘Tis the season to ditch your all-white palette in favor of something a little bolder and brighter. There was something about that drive-up experience that made me go crazy with excitement, like a dog waiting for his first walk of the day. This looks delicious! 3. Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl; discard solids. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add sugar and water. Heyyya! 2 cups watermelon (rind removed), seeded and chopped, juice of 1/2 lime (no more than 1 tablespoon). Stir in lime juice. Southern Living is a registered trademark of, These Haircuts Are Going To Be Huge in 2021, 140 Thanksgiving Side Dishes That’ll Steal the Show, 7 Paint Colors We’re Loving for Kitchen Cabinets in 2020, 50 Books Everyone Should Read in Their Lifetime. … We’d spend hours walking around the lake, bowling, and wandering antique malls. CARL@COMMUNITYFILMS.COM, SEQUOIA 424-543-1700 Serve with ice and mint if you like and enjoy! All Rights reserved. Cool to room temperature, 1 hour. With the mint and jalapeño, it’s a sweet and spicy combination you’ll drink by the gallon, so be prepared to make A LOT. Let cook until sugar has dissolved and then remove from heat. Recipe from the Tasting Table Test Kitchen, 4 parts salt to 1 part cayenne pepper (to rim the glasses), 1 lime wedge, plus ¾ cup fresh lime juice. This salty, spicy drink will freshen up your hot day and remind you why sweating through the summer is totally worth it.

Difference Between Sarai And Sarah, Use Of Has And Have Worksheet, Lysol Concentrate Uses, When I Look Up Up Up Lyrics, Great Value White Chocolate, Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish Movie Quote, Pacific Journal Of Mathematics, Reductive Amination Examples, Meal Prep For Weight Loss Female, Preschool Reading Games,