Eleven years ago: The Perfect Omelet. After another 2-3 minutes of absolutely no change or combining, I figured I’d better start mixing in the cereal. The EXACT right proportions marshmallows to crispy bits. So glad I came across your recipe, because I will never have an non BEB Rice Krispie ever again. >:). I made the recipe as is, but instead of twelve ginormous treats we got thirty pretty regular size ones…thick chewy and gooey just like the video. I’ll be making these for a welcome basket and I think the family will really enjoy them. Whatever you do, don’t ever brown the butter for rice crispies! I am sure you know what I mean…I hope? I did some very crude math and I believe you’d need a total of about 12 cups. Get it all into the foil lined pan, then spray another flat wooden spoon with cooking spray and flatten it down with that one. Eventually I started to see a yellowish coating on the bottom of the pan. Perhaps you added a bit of the sediment (that forms when browning butter) to the mixture. I also used Cocoa Krispies because my husband loves chocolate. It’ll be my “go to” from here on. I will never try another Rice Krispie treat recipe again. The small “tweaks” make a huge difference. My go to recipe. I read all the comments thinking I must be missing something, but I just don’t get it! I combined 1 cup of Nutella, 1.5 cups of chocolate chips and 1 tbl of vegetable oil. Excellent and really easy! Don't overmix; you want pockets of goo. I am also pregnant and due in November so maybe it is a pregnancy thing ;). I’ve made it twice now and both times it turned out amazingly delicious. Sorry to hear you had a problem with the recipe, Rose! The messed up thing is that if you break down the nutrition on the pre-packaged, foil wrapped treats? They have such a depth of flavor that elevates something simple, and makes it extraordinary. Please lmk how it turns out if you try it! These are THE Perfect Rice Krispie Treats! The other day I made a batch from a popular online recipe that called for a lot more butter and they were a little disappointing. What type of browser are you using? Love them! Thanks for the recipe! Jenn, thanks for the recipe- it’s really wonderful! Totally simple, gooey and buttery no bake recipe perfection! I think “treat” in the name says quite a bit. I don’t want to make a 9×13. and have them shipped via Amazon, that seems a little over the top. Hi Vicky, Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I made a pan for dessert, and have already eaten a row before dinner. While I figure out the best way to go here, I’ve removed the gluten-free category from the index. I add colored sprinkles to make my granddaughters unicorn rice bars. bag of mini marshmallows (ie 4 cups). Turn the mixture out into the prepared pan and, using a wooden spoon or spatula that has been … I just finished eating my second square of these incredible rice krispie treats. It had a thicker, texture, more puffy and less crackly than brand name Rice Krispies. Kellogg’s box is 255 grams- how many fewer cups of marshmallows? They now have non-stick foil. These were way to sweet and could never feed these to my kids. I hardly ever write reviews, but had too. I haven’t added peanut butter to these, but a few other readers have commented that they’ve added a few tablespoons with good results. I believe the browned butter makes all the difference, as well as reserving some mallows and adding them at the end! I'd love to know how it turned out! I also think it works better if you add the mix to 2/3 of the rice krispies then 1/3 of rice krispies after adding mix. He could not eat them fast enough!!! Awesome! This is the best ever recipe. Can i roll the krispies instead of putting it in a pan? This recipe has been duplicated across the internets many times over, which I love seeing, and is even featured in my book! My. Enjoy! I mean, whats better than Rice Krispies Treats?!!? Made my first Cannabis Rice Krispie with the recipe. In my opinion, using a wooden spoon to constantly stir the marshmallows while they melt seems to help. Perfection. My goodness. I’ve never written that word out) the better! So many compliments! These Rice Krispie Treats are the BEST! So glad you enjoyed these, Cassie (and love that you’re 15 and know your way around the kitchen!) amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon";
Martha Stewart has a recipe for Confetti Squares that uses Rice Krispies, Lucky Charms and Froot Loops. I love the whole marshmallows added at the end. I’m overdue in commenting on the deliciousness of these rice krispy treats. Since discovering this recipe, I have tried it with Fruity Pebbles and Coco Rice Krispy’s. The modern recipe started printing 3TBSP of butter in the heydey of the low fat craze, and the jerks have never changed it back. It doesn’t take much to make very tasty treats. thank you for this recipe! ), but it takes these to another level. Could that be it?! It’s almost like they don’t want you to be able to be able to make them well, so you’re encouraged to buy their overpriced, pre-packaged ones. Thank you! Good job Shelly! This is an outstanding recipe! Thank you for sharing this recipe! A “why is she even wasting my time right now?” Well, I might agree with you if I didn’t know better but…. No need to waste a section of foil. After I made them, the batch didn’t even make it to daycare because my husband and son ate so many of them. They’re delicious! Cinnamon Toast Crunch Rice Krispie Treats, https://cookiesandcups.com/snickerdoodle-krispie-treats/, https://cookiesandcups.com/marshmallow-fluff-krispie-treats/, https://cookiesandcups.com/marshmallow-conversions/. If you are adding in any sort of chocolate candy it might melt a little bit with the heat of the melted marshmallows, but it will be ok! Turned out perfect! (for the Pow! Makes this sweet treat even better! So, can you please tell me… what went wrong. So disappointed with this. Now I send them to my granddaughter in college. This is the only recipe I ever use! Uhhhh….yeah! Hi Maggie, It actually calls for 20 CUPS of marshmallows, which is about 30 ounces. Complete F-ing disaster. I am also a mom to a child with a dangerous allergy. The original recipe for rice krispie treats calls for this: THIS recipe, meanwhile, uses the following: So while we double the amount of cereal (because we want to make huge, bakery-style treats), we QUADRUPLE the amount of marshmallows (and throw in ANOTHER 4 cups of non-melted marshmallows for extra pillowy gooeyness) and increase the butter by 3.33. A couple of people said I should sell them! It’s a complete disaster… Do not try. Thanks for posting it. Which is it? . Also love all your other recipes. Not wrong, just different taste preferences. It makes so much that if I make a tray to take to an event, I use a 9×13 disposable tray for the event and an 8×8 tray to keep at home so the family can eat them. My favorite way to make rice krispey treats is to mix in a dollop of peanut butter into the melted marshmallows – you should try it! How long can you keep them? Hi Tarika, I’ve never tried to do that, so I couldn’t say for sure! Made these with my daughter for the first time today, as a treat for the holidays. No troubles or problems with the amount of cereal and marshmallows. Thanks. Thanks for the review! A 24 layer Dobosh Torte with Swiss meringue buttercream? Okay so these are the absolute best EVER rice krispy treats!! Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Well everyone was SO in LOVE with them that we ran out. First I want to say I love your site. Everyone loves them! They always vanish too! Would I need to cut the recipe in half to do an 11oz box of cereal? I absolutely love this recipe! They look AMAZING! Are you trying to say around 3 to 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract? May I ask are these crunchy/ crispy or soft? Thank you! Best homemade Rice Krispy Treats I’ve had! We’ve made this so many times for family functions and parties and special days in the last 2 years. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the original back-of-the-box recipe but it can be made so much better with almost no effort. The ratio of marshmallow to cereal is just perfect. They will love them! It was also beginning to smell sweeter which is what I thought you might mean by a nutty smell. Question about the butter browning, about how long ? Add graham crackers to make s'mores-inspired crispy rice treats. Would love to know how this technique would transfer to the CTC treats. No matter how I stirred, it just never combined. Thank you! Of the buttercream sort. After reading some of the negative reviews, I was left to wonder about the expectations of some people. I noticed also that the white particles of the butter were breaking down during this time. And because I was trying to make sure she didn’t get burned: I forgot the vanilla AGAIN. No sea salt or dulce de leche. Seven years ago: Creamy Potato and Leek Soup Thank you! Fantastic!!!! This recipe has so much flavour, probably from browning the butter and the added salt. When I made these, my whole family gobbled them up. I’m not a huge fan of plain marshmellows but I really like Rice Krispie treats. Here’s the thing. To make this already excellent recipe even more decadent, I decided to add a topping. Thanks! Thank you!! Hands down, 100%, best ever. Can do! Nutritional values are based on one serving, How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds (with 3 Recipes!). There’s simply no going back after trying these. My butter turned a very dark color and when mixed with the cereal, my krispies became slightly brown. Now, I have a little tip. I’ve taken them to work, to bake sale, parties… always get the same reaction, they look at them , take one, take a bite, then they get that look on their face! This will be THE recipe for me from now on. Looking for more inspiration? Jenn, Hmm I’m able to pin without an issue. It is their store brand. The consensus by me and everyone is “best rice krispies treats ever; you should open up business” lol. I printed the recipe out for my files last year and the recipe is different online now? You better believe I ate rice krispie treats cereal every single morning of that vacation. These are stupid good. Hi Jennifer, I use regular store-brand butter; nothing fancy. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, I always make terribly hard Rice Krispie Squares. We made these the first week we brought our new baby home for a fun sugar rush, and they hit the spot for exhausted parents and visitors so perfectly. I was visiting family and they had this recipe to make for a sweet treat.

Weber Grill Cover Genesis, Barilla Collezione Orecchiette Pasta, Vietnamese Lemongrass Short Ribs, Cisco Router Username And Password, Frozen Lasagna Internal Temperature, Jamie Oliver Thai Salad 15 Minute Meals, Rose Beetle Treatment, Lome Definition Scrabble, Eddoes Vs Taro, Saloon Car Meaning In Urdu,